Australian Museum Membership Deal
Be wowed by the exhibitions at The Australian Museum
The Australian Museum has announced it will close to the public on Monday 19 August 2019 for approximately 12 months, to enable their major $57.5m renovation, Project Discover to commence.
So to keep us all coming back after the renovation they have an amazing Australian Museum Membership Deal.
What’s the deal?
If you join up or renew your 1 year Australian Museum membership on or before 30 August 2019 the museum will extend the membership until the 31 August 2021 for no extra charge.
But because the museum is closing, the membership will include the following inclusions:
- Free general admission to the Powerhouse Museum from 19 August 2019 until the Australian Museum re-opens in 2020
- Free general admission to the Australian Museum every day from August 2020 (approximately) till August 2021
- Free general admission to reciprocal museums from August 2019 to August 2021 – including Questacon!
That’s right if you pay for one year ($80.00 for a single, $70.00 for concession or $98.00 for two adults and children under 18 years) you will receive 2 full years membership with the above inclusions.
That is a saving of up to $82.00 off the standard two year membership fees.
Your Australian Museum membership will also include (from August 2020):
- Members only discounts for special exhibitions, programs and events
- Access to the brand new exclusive Members Lounge with complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits
- Exhibition previews
- 10% discount at the AM Store
- 20% discount at the AM Rooftop Cafe and pop-ups
- Monthly email newsletter with special offers and giveaways.
Free entry to Questacon – The National Science & Technology Centre
What many people don’t know is that if you buy a membership to the Australian Museum it also gives you free entry to Questacon in Canberra.
So on top of all your other benefits you will also receive:
- Free general admission to Questacon (some conditions apply) until August 2021
- 10% discount at the Q Shop (excluding online purchases)
- Access to the Q club Members Lounge
*Terms and conditions: Australian Museum Members who reside within 100km of Questacon would be excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits offered as part of the arrangement.
There’s a lot more to the Australian Museum Membership
If you sign up to an Australian Museum Membership you also receive free or discounted entry to lots of other museums around Australia.
These museums include:
- Museums Discovery Centre – free general admission
- National Museum of Australia – discounted entry to major ticketed exhibitions and access to the members lounge
- Queensland Museum and SparkLab – free general admission
- Museums Victoria – free general admission to Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and the Immigration Museum
- South Australian Museum – 50% off major ticketed Exhibitions
As an added bonus for being an Australian Museum member, you will also be one of the first to experience their new $57.5 millon dollar renovation when it is completed in 2020. The works will include a new members lounge, more exhibition space and the launch of their new exhibition Tutankhamun: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh which will open in early 2021.
For more information and full terms and conditions check out the Australian Museum members page.
Read our review of The Australian Museum to find out all the museum has to offer.