Outdoor Cinema at Sydney Olympic Park
The glamping tents are pretty special at Movies by the Boulevard (Outdoor Cinema at Sydney Olympic Park)
Summertime in Sydney is synonymous with free outdoor movies!
And by far one of the most popular movie festivals is the Outdoor Cinema at Sydney Olympic Park (formally known as Movies by the Boulevard).
One of the reasons Sydney-siders love the Sydney Olympic Park movies so much is because of the excellent line up of movies as well as the great atmosphere.
This year there are several ticket options, including the usual FREE tickets.
But first up let’s see what movies are showing this year.
Outdoor Cinema at Sydney Olympic Park Movie Dates and Times
|Movie Screening Times|
|Saturday 4 January||Aladdin||PG|
|Sunday 5 January||How to Train Your Dragon: 2||PG|
|Wednesday 8 January||Dumbo||PG|
|Thursday 9 January||Avengers: End Game||M|
|Friday 10 January||Pokemon: Detective Pikachu||G|
|Saturday 11 January||Toy Story 4||G|
|Sunday 12 January||Instant Family||PG|
|Wednesday 15 January||A Wrinkle in Time||PG|
|Thursday 16 January||Johnny English Strikes Again||PG|
|Friday 17 January||Bumblebee||M|
|Saturday 18 January||Incredibles 2||PG|
|Sunday 19 January||Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom||M|
This year there are three ticket options:
- Free General Admission: find your perfect spot on the grassy lawn (don’t forget your picnic rug!)
- Premium Admission: nab a prime spot right in front of the big screen. Adult: $15.00, Student/Concession/Child 3-12: $12.00 and Family: $50.00. This ticket also includes a FREE snack and drink
- Couch Class: upgrade to a family couch which fits four people and includes butler service: $100.00
- VIP Tents: go all out and secure your own glamping tent for up to 8 adults: $200.00
- Bean Bag Hire: upgrade your free or premium ticket with a bean bag (which fits 2 adults): $15.00
To Register for Free Tickets to the Sydney Olympic Park Movies
It is really important that you register for your free tickets via the Sydney Olympic Park website.
Gates will open from 6.00pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Movies will start between 8.00pm and 8.20pm depending on light conditions.
Good to Know
- No BYO alcohol. Alcohol is available for purchase on the night
- There will be lots of food options available, or bring your own snacks and dinner
- Order bean bags ahead to save disappointment on the night
- Free tickets are unreserved and will work on a first-come, first-serve basis
- View the Frequently Asked Questions for more info
The Outdoor Cinema is located in Cathy Freeman Park on Olympic Boulevard in Sydney Olympic Park.
You can reach the park via Public Transport or the closest car park is P6 on Australia Avenue (pre-booking is advised).
For public transport information go to www.transportnsw.info.com.au or call 131 500. Sydney Olympic Park Train Station is a 5 minute walk away, plus there are bus stops within the park.
More Information on Movies by the Boulevard
Dates: Various dates from Saturday 4 January to Sunday 19 January 2020
Address: Cathy Freeman Park on Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Don’t forget to check out the other free movie screenings in Sydney this summer.